Social Listening

     I wanted to do this blog on the new social media app threads. I wasn't sure where I should pull off comments for the assignment. I asked my daughter and she recommended Hasbro. We looked them up and they do a pretty decent job of marketing on social media. I was excited to see they are releasing a new version of furbys. Judging by the comment section, I am not the only one. Hasbro also announced their 100 year anniversary. They have a lot of nostalgia inducing products for a lot of people. They have introduced different games and toys for children and families to enjoy together. I think that is part of the company's value proposition. Children learn through play and it is also a way for families to spend time together. Children have enjoyed play-doh for years. My family still enjoys playing games together. 

    The post announcing the new furby had a lot of positive comments. Issac-dx said "THEY ARE BACKKKK NO WAYYYYY AAAAAA" in all caps with the crying emoji. Faustisland said "I'm so excited! These poor kids don't know what they are in for!". Alexandtribe said "omg blast from the past lol". The @furby account that is a part of Hasbro replied throughout the comment section. There were a few comments disappointed that furby does not move it's mouth anymore. The overall response was enthusiastic. They also posted a party at Hasbro's head quarters celebrating the new furbys. There is 4,057 likes and only 284 comments on the post. If I was in their position I would make sure to market on YouTube. There are plenty of channels that do toy unboxings and that would be a way to reach their audience. There is also the older audience that had a furby when they were younger that might be interested in the product. Even to purchase it for their children. 

    Hasbro also promotes Hasbro pulse con. Its a cosplay event for the different toys and games they have made. That seems like a pretty interesting marketing idea. They post trivia questions about their products. Hasbro seems to utilize Instagram to market their products well. I did not check on the other social media apps. It would be interesting to see if they market differently on the different apps. 



    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Post

Marketing in the News